What a month October was! We hit new highs for monthly growth across all metrics. Battlers, traders, holders, and volume all skyrocketed as the world continues to wake up to our revolution.
The big news of the month was related to AXS, our governance token, which is now live on Binance and Uniswap! Behind the scenes, we made significant progress on land gameplay, our new battle system, and Ronin. Let’s dive in.
Growth and Adoption
October saw our NFT Marketplace put up stunning numbers. 4,018 ETH volume came from Axie sales while item and land sales totaled 2572 ETH. This combined for a cumulative monthly NFT volume of 6,090 ETH. Remember that 4.25% of this volume is taken as fees. This means that if the Community Treasury were live, 280 ETH would have been deposited in the Treasury, just from the marketplace sales! This demonstrates how all AXS holders are incentivized to help grow the game and scale trading volume.
The number of Axie holders ballooned 43% from 9,419 holders to 13,499. Zooming out, we crossed 5,000 Axie holders on July 7th and currently have 15,332. That’s 206% growth in 4 months!
Monthly active users crossed 9,000 for the first time in October, after starting the month at 5,500. Our organic, community-driven approach is working and our movement is gaining momentum rapidly. On November 8th, we crossed 10,000 monthly users — a major milestone.
We saw many notable sales on the marketplace during October including a record breaking sale of triple mystic Axie, angel for 300 ETH!
November 6th 2020
23 Retweets138 Likes
October saw massive progress on the land gameplay front. We’re starting to see the a unified and interlocking system emerge and we can’t wait to share with you! Here’s an overview of what happened:
- Axies can now harvest resources and craft tools
- Resources can now be crafted into furniture
- Major performance and art upgrades
- There is now a “town hall” structure that acts as a central place for resource and item storage, learning new blueprints, and viewing craftable furniture
- Implemented hot keys for increased control of Axies and plots
- Added a tutorial with directions for controls and hot keys
- Chimera now spawn on the map
Right now, Axies have their own specific inventories, which is a bit confusing. We’re thinking about solutions to this.
We’re currently working on a major upgrade to the Axie battle system! Here’s what we did this month:
- Defined the mobile vs. desktop view
- Added new attack animations
- Prepared for a release to the entire Sky Mavis team (~25 members).
- Implemented new card art
- Added a new background scene
- Started work on a tutorial
- Adjusted the layout for how cards are shown in a hand
- Added talents — class-specific bonuses that can be customized
Progress on Ronin, our sidechain for Axie Infinity, continued this month. Much of the progress continues to be around wallet development and validator recruitment/education:
- Progress on transaction tracking for the Ronin wallet
- Refined our wallet feature wishlist
- Enhanced validator on-boarding documentation
- Implemented wallet signing.
- Continued optimization of our block explorer
That’s it for now! See you in Discord!